Puma Energy hosted its first Be Road Safe event specifically created for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in Dubai.
The event aims to promote the importance of road safety and highlight existing risks across the region. 48 countries have taken part in the initiative to date through the Road Safety Relay.
The UAE Be Road Safe event, sponsored by Puma Energy and Impala Terminals, took place at Puma Energy’s Gulf Refining Company building in the port of Jebel Ali, Dubai. Event supporters included DP World, Trakhees, Department of Planning and Development and the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), who spoke to attendees about regional road safety incidents. Alongside these talks were video demonstrations and virtual simulations.
As part of the experience, visitors had the chance to enter a RTA simulator to experience what it feels like when a truck or car is involved in an accident. In addition, various scenarios that could result in an accident were also covered including fatigue and loss of control. The aim of the event was to assist local truck drivers in better understanding the rules of the road and to learn more about how they can drive more safely.
Commenting on the event Mr Nazar Juma, Regional General Manager at Puma Energy, said, “Road safety is a critical issue across the globe and is therefore a priority that needs to be addressed. Alongside sponsor Impala Terminals, we hope this event reinforces positive messages around the importance of safe driving. We have been running the Be Road Safe campaign for five years and have helped educate numerous communities around the world on safe driving and pedestrian best practices. If we save even a single life as a result of today’s event, we will have made a positive difference.” PWKD22022018
- Ghana: Puma Energy Football Freestyle To Surprise & Delight Customers
- Puma Energy Announces Positive Sales Q1 2018 Results
- Argentina: Pozzo Ardizzi To Promote Puma Energy Fuels
- Argentina: Pozzo Ardizzi promocionará combustibles de Puma Energy
- Switzerland: Puma Energy Completes Rostov Airport Fueling Facility
Latest from PWKD
- OPW Global At Kuala Lumpur Expo 2018
- Hungary: Spar To Sponsor U18 European Athletics Championships
- Brazil: Senate Allows Ethanol Producers Selling Fuel To Fuel Service Stations
- USA: Market Force & Phillips 66 Introduce Key Driver Fuel Forecast Indicator
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Rolls Out First Vehicle Inspection Centre