An official has indicated that Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc has officially changed its name to 11 Plc and that the change has been implemented by the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) since 11th August.
A notice dated August 8, posted to the NSE and signed by Godstime Iwenekhai, Acting Head, Listings Regulation Department, said the company had obtained a new Certificate of Incorporation from the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), bearing the new name.
“Dealing Members are hereby notified that Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc has changed its name to 11 Plc (pronounced as “Double One Plc”). This is sequel to the resolution passed by the company’s shareholders at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on 24 May 2017,” the notice said.
The change of name follows Nipco's agreement with ExxonMobil for teh company to retain the Mobil brand. Group Managing Director Mr Venkataraman Venkatapathy said last April it was their intention to maintian both brands following their acquiistion of Mobil Oil Nigeria. PWKD16082017
Latest from PWKD
- Dover Appoints Jeroen de Gruijter As New Managing Director
- Malaysia: 7-Eleven Expansion In Mall Locations
- Chile: Condorito Promotion Across Copec Fuel Retail Network
- USA: Indian Wells Valley Airport District & EV Connect EV Charging Partnership
- South Africa: Engen’s “Auto Gardens” Initiative Kicks Off